A move across country isn’t easy, it’s also not impossible. If your family is going to cover over 1,500 miles from moving to or from Atlanta, you’re going to want to put plenty of planning into this process. Since there’s a lot to coordinate, the more time you can give yourself, the less stressful this big move will be.
There are many different elements involved in this type of move. Keep reading for some of the most important ones to keep in mind as you begin planning:
- Make a Checklist: A checklist will help you do things in order and on time.
- Make Arrangements for Your Pets: Look into pet friendly hotels along your route. Similarly, if you’re flying check your airline for pet policies.
- Purge Your Personal Items: The more you move, the more the moving costs will be. Consider going through your items and donate or get rid of anything you don’t need.
- Have Packing Materials on Hand or Hire a Professional: If you choose to pack up your own items, be sure to obtain boxes, bubble wrap, and other packing items in advance. If you want to hire out the packing, be sure to find a professional packing company before you need one.
- Look Into Moving Insurance: This type of insurance will cover any damage to your items during the move.
Know Exactly What Your Company Will Cover
If you’re moving across country because of your job, chances are that your company is providing some type of transportation to or from Atlanta. If you’re taking one or more cars, you may want to drive your family to your new home. There is a long list of issues that can cause delays on a drive across the country. Hence, make sure your schedule has a buffer so you’re not overly rushed. In addition, use discount hotel sites to scoop up good overnight deals. Similarly, Airbnb is a great option if you’re staying in any larger cities.
If you want to work with a professional moving company that has several decades of experience helping families like yours successfully move across the country, get in touch with us today by calling 770-447-5121 to discuss exactly how we can help you.